2024 Dwarf fortress atom smasher - 1 Answer. Sorted by: 4. The simple answer to the question is: No, You cannot carve fortifications directly into bridges. You can, however, solve your problem by altering the layout of your entrance to have the same effect.

 
Set the pressure plate to not trigger on dwarves. Then instead of wall traps use bridges as atom smashers in a corridor leading to and away from the trigger. The invader should have cleared the trigger by the time the bridge comes down and crushes him. . Dwarf fortress atom smasher

bedroom need a bed. Dwarf will use cabinet (clothes) and coffer (junk) if you add some tomb need a burial of some sort barrack, pasture need nothing. Military are supposed to use armor and weapon stand but they don't dump need nothing but work with a hole. Bonus point if it leads to magma/atom smasher for junk destruction.The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. Smashing Against The Floor In this design, a drawbridge is built to come down on at least one tile of solid floor.So, Urist Unibzulban, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf Fortress. But then you take my 75% chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 2/3...percent, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf ...Dec 8, 2022 · Light aquifers are easy to dig through since the excavated area fills with water very very slowly. Just dig a staircase through it and build walls around it to block the water. You'll probably finish the walls before you get even one layer of water. #1. A. H. Griesbach Dec 8, 2022 @ 4:25pm. Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ...Advantages of using an Atom Smasher (rather than the magma sea) to get rid of trash: 1) Avoid the 'fun' of creatures that live in the magma sea entering your fortress. 2) No need to create a chute or other way to get refuse down multiple Z levels to the magma sea. 3) Artifact items may not be destroyed in the magma sea; these undestroyed items ...Fletch May 5 @ 12:06pm. See the wiki on Dwarven atom smasher: effect [dwarffortresswiki.org] Atom-smashing an item will delete it from the game entirely, though some "soft" references might remain (mainly for owned items and corpse pieces). Atom-smashing a unit, on the other hand, just kills it - the dead unit will remain forever in the list of ...Atom smasher - Dwarf Fortress Wiki. v50 Steam/Premium information for editors. v50 information can now be added to pages in the main namespace. v0.47 information can still be found in the DF2014 namespace. See here for more details on the new versioning policy. Use this page to report any issues related to the migration. This notice may be ...Apr 2, 2022 · 1 Answer. Sorted by: 4. The simple answer to the question is: No, You cannot carve fortifications directly into bridges. You can, however, solve your problem by altering the layout of your entrance to have the same effect. Build a dwarven atom smasher and get rid of the junk lying around; Make sure that you only dig small corridors, 1 - max 3 spaces wide (and 3 only where there is loads of traffic). Wall off large, unused parts, for example where you mined out for resources. Use the traffic designators, use forbidden for parts that need no maintenance. Use burrows.A dwarven atom smasher can pulverize any amount of trash instantly. Initial designs are often manual (using a garbage dump zone and the dump command), however when combined with a quantum stockpile, your dwarves will automatically dump their garbage into a pit for easy disposal. The atom smasher can be operated manually, or automated with a ...Jan 12, 2023 · Related: Dwarf Fortress is richly rewarding, if you can get over a mountainous learning curve – Review Trash compactor. Building a trash compactor (sometimes called an atom smasher) is a common ... The stockpile for these is "refuse". You may also need to unforbid the body (depending on your standing orders for what gets forbidden at time of death). There is also a standing order for "Dwarves ignore refuse outside", but if it is causing Miasma, it isn't outside, so that one shouldn't be the problem.18 de out. de 2019 ... tutorial-dwarf-fortress-yellow-X-is-normal-garbage-. The yellow X is my normal garbage dump (an atom smasher). I turn off it's active status ...A dwarven atom smasher can pulverize any amount of trash instantly. Initial designs are often manual (using a garbage dump zone and the dump command), however when combined with a quantum stockpile, your dwarves will automatically dump their garbage into a pit for easy disposal.First time I tried them. I used them for every stockpile where the material fills/triggers the cart quickly on my new fort. It has fixed both the stock screen loading time and I suspect its saving frames as well but I haven't run any comparisons. I haven't even bothered with an atom smasher, quantum refuse stockpile. I've probably spent more time waiting for stock load than I have in this fort ...... Dwarf Fortress, Dwarf Mode -- Items, public, 2010-04-17 17:08, 2014-01-17 10:40 ... I eventually had to use the atom smasher to get rid of them 3 or 4 ...Effects []. Atom-smashing a non-artifact item will delete it from the game entirely, though some "soft" references might remain (mainly for owned items and corpse pieces).). Atom-smashing a unit, on the other hand, just kills it; the dead unit may remain forever in the list of dead units, though unimportant dead units may eventually be periodically culled (see game se 200 points - Noble Dwarf 250 points - I played Dwarf Fortress and all I got was this lousy tag 300 points - Dwarven Atom Smasher 400 points - Forgotten Beast 500 points - I got Boatmurdered 600 points - I lived through Catsplosion to tell the tale40d:Dwarven atom smasher. This article is about an older version of DF. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.News: September 19, 2023: Dwarf Fortress 50.10 has been released. News: February 4, 2021: Dwarf Fortress Talk #28 has been posted. News: November 21, 2018: A new Threetoe story has been posted. Forum GuidelinesBurning items, IIRC, should also be marked with the quality modifier "!!" (for example, a !!pig tail left sock!!), give off smoke, and tend to ignite any dwarf that tries to haul it somewhere. Double-check. If you do in fact have a fortress full of burning things, there aren't a whole lot of ways to extinguish them.16 de mar. de 2019 ... The entrance hall. The water on the hall kills more than that Ballista. Here we have the Barracks on the North, and an atom smasher on the south ...The atom smasher would then be a long bridge in the shape of a rectangle that could be lowered onto the invaders and crush them. Yes. Though, its limitations are still going to be large enemies, like dragons or elephants and the like. Check the "Drawbridge" entry in the wiki and, perhaps a wiki search for "Dwarven Atom Smasher."News: September 19, 2023: Dwarf Fortress 50.10 has been released. News: February 4, 2021: Dwarf Fortress Talk #28 has been posted. News: November 21, 2018: A new Threetoe story has been posted. Forum Guidelines8 de set. de 2011 ... I've never played Dwarf Fortress, but "Metalsmith" seems like it would be fun. ... Oh, and do dwarven atom smasher bridges still work? I had a ...location, location, location. 4. jeesuscheesus • 10 mo. ago. Be glad that visitors are a novelty! 40% of my fort's population is tavern goers, not even long term residents! 3. Falk5T • 10 mo. ago. I kind of want to know how Kadol Rumoredarrows is faring, interesting dwarf! 2.I didn't like how messy my fort was, so I built a bridge and got over it!🍉 Click For More Info 👇👇👇👇Want to catch me live? Follow me on twitch where I wi...So, Urist Unibzulban, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf Fortress. But then you take my 75% chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 2/3...percent, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf ... The depths of Rimworld's mods actually allow you to make better dwarf fortress than dwarf fortress, with the only real issue being lack of z levels. Dwarf Fortress z levels cause such an enormous range of problems for the game that people actually try to find embark locations that allow minimal surface z-levels and minimal z-level using surface ...Related: Dwarf Fortress is richly rewarding, if you can get over a mountainous learning curve – Review Trash compactor. Building a trash compactor (sometimes called an atom smasher) is a common ...The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nick name for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges (not to be confused with retracting bridges) to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. This is a masterfully-designed engraving of a Dwarf and a battle axe. Dwarves (singular, Dwarf) are "intelligent", alcohol - dependent, humanoid creatures that are the featured race of fortress mode, as well as being playable in adventurer mode. They are well known for their stout physique ...Have you tried the dwarven atom smasher? Build a bridge on some land (no hole). Raise it vertically. Designate a dumping ground for corpse parts on that ground. When you have a pile of body parts, lower the bridge. It slams down on the body parts and annihilates them into nothingness.The next fort you start in the same world will be a month or so after you abandoned your last fort- making it possible to start a fortress in the dead of winter if you abandoned the last in late fall. You can also "retire" a fortress now. This leaves the fortress and its inhabitants intact, treating it like an NPC dwarf-site until you reclaim it.The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.location, location, location. 4. jeesuscheesus • 10 mo. ago. Be glad that visitors are a novelty! 40% of my fort's population is tavern goers, not even long term residents! 3. Falk5T • 10 mo. ago. I kind of want to know how Kadol Rumoredarrows is faring, interesting dwarf! 2.v0.31:Dwarven atom smasher. This article is about an older version of DF. An atom smasher. Take care so there are no dwarves underneath when you trigger the bridge. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nick name for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges (not to be confused ... The depths of Rimworld's mods actually allow you to make better dwarf fortress than dwarf fortress, with the only real issue being lack of z levels. Dwarf Fortress z levels cause such an enormous range of problems for the game that people actually try to find embark locations that allow minimal surface z-levels and minimal z-level using surface ... DF2014:Silk farming. This article is about an older version of DF. Silk farming is the process of harvesting large quantities of silk from webslinging creatures like giant cave spiders. Several setups have been devised to farm silk quickly and safely, but successful silk farms have a few traits in common: The webslinging creature must be ...Dec 17, 2022 · Watch Live: http://www.twitch.tv/blindirlPodcast: https://www.halcyonfrequency.com/I have a http://www.Discord.gg/blind Like the videos and livestreams? http... Dec 18, 2022 · Seabhac Dec 18, 2022 @ 5:16am. Make a personal burrow for him right under the atom smasher, or if you want to watch him suffer for his crimes against dwarfanity make the burrow in a single tile room and then wall him in Amantillado style. Bonus justice points if you pre-build a tomb for him in the same room. #3. Effects []. Atom-smashing a non-artifact item will delete it from the game entirely, though some "soft" references might remain (mainly for owned items and corpse pieces).). Atom-smashing a unit, on the other hand, just kills it; the dead unit may remain forever in the list of dead units, though unimportant dead units may eventually be periodically culled (see game seOr use an atom smasher. Or magma. Make leather clothing only. It lasts a lot longer than any cloth. #2. Helios Dec 25, 2022 @ 11:23am. Originally posted by SickBoySid: So after 5-8 years you start to get a plague of damage clothes. And I give my dwarfs cabinets so it helps abit with the clothes BUT-.Dec 7, 2022 · Easy for disposing of annoying items. Like Foreign corpses, bones, hair, tendon or rotted meat. Also a cool torture area for any living humanoid thrown into it. You can also fill the bottom with magma, or connect it with a running river to get rid of a lot of items. #10. vakapad777 Dec 9, 2022 @ 5:11pm. Originally posted by Targetdrone: soo ... A dwarven atom smasher can pulverize any amount of trash instantly. Initial designs are often manual (using a garbage dump zone and the dump command), however when combined with a quantum stockpile, your dwarves will automatically dump their garbage into a pit for easy disposal. The atom smasher can be operated manually, or automated with a ...this is an old known bug - but your own dwarves should have some historical significance when they move in - so almost every time he would show up on the list of engraveables (though toady did something with history a in 34 that's odd for the purpose of vampires and hidden identities - the data seems to be stored in multiple locations, causing rather a lot of havoc for modders digging into the ...v0.34:Exploit. This article is about an older version of DF. An exploit is a quirk of a game that allows players to gain what other players may consider an unfair advantage, usually by making use of a feature that is not working properly or which defies logic. 'Exploiting the game' is distinct from ' cheating ' because exploits occur within the ...Dec 14, 2022 · To save tallow for soap, you will need to go into the kitchen menu, 4th tab ("meat, fish & other", I think) find the line for tallow and turn off cooking. The annoying part of this is that the line only shows up while there is some tallow from that species in your fortress, and it is one line per species. May 6, 2017 · 3. Bodies of dwarfs, or parts thereof, will not normally be moved to a refuse stockpile, because the dwarfs do not normally consider their friends' dead bodies to be trash. Instead they will be put in a graveyard stockpile (if you've assigned one), or a coffin (if you've built one). If you really want to, you can edit the settings on your ... Ever wondered how to make a Quantum Stockpile or an Atom Smasher? Check out this video to find out more!To check out my Tiny Tutorial on the in-game job mana...thats because when you pause the game it stops running it so the frames are always 100 or max. you seem like you know how to take care of long term forts but some extra tips i guess would be to use quantum stockpiles for stones especially but maybe even wood and other items. block off access to all areas you don't need on the map. atom smash old clothes and unwanted items. try to limit the ...Blue Dwarf has been happy lately. He did some !!science!! recently. He admired a fine forum post lately. He was enraged by a forum troll recently. He was upset by the delayed release of the new version of Dwarf Fortress lately. He took joy in planning a noble's death recently.Jan 12, 2023 · Related: Dwarf Fortress is richly rewarding, if you can get over a mountainous learning curve – Review Trash compactor. Building a trash compactor (sometimes called an atom smasher) is a common ... Consider keeping your caged spiders in the same room. Surgically remove his head. Although this seems unlikely to you and I, removing a dwarf's head impares his ability to consume beer. This may also help fix the industriousness problem in the fortresses as you will now be able to export your recently made amulets.Build a dwarven atom smasher and get rid of the junk lying around; Make sure that you only dig small corridors, 1 - max 3 spaces wide (and 3 only where there is loads of traffic). Wall off large, unused parts, for example where you mined out for resources. Use the traffic designators, use forbidden for parts that need no maintenance. Use burrows.Dec 17, 2022 · Dwarf Fortress > General Discussions > Topic Details. For the uninformed, the dwarven atom smasher is one of the most adaptable tools in your arsenal to securing the longevity of your fortress, especially in hostile territory. You can use the atom smasher for defense, offense, and to get rid of junk. At it's core, the atom smasher is simple a ... Learn how to use bridges and atom smashers to create safe and convenient passages in Dwarf Fortress, a strategy game where you build and manage a dwarf village. This guide by Mechanixm explains the basics of building different types of bridges, such as retracting, raising, and spanning, and how to use atom smashers to dispose of enemies or items. Raising "drawbridges" can be used to block fortress entrances and corridors. When lowered, bridges will destroy anything on the underlying tiles. By destroying we mean dwarves, foes, and items will entirely disappear from the game, a rare event which led to the creation of the term dwarven atom smasher. thats because when you pause the game it stops running it so the frames are always 100 or max. you seem like you know how to take care of long term forts but some extra tips i guess would be to use quantum stockpiles for stones especially but maybe even wood and other items. block off access to all areas you don't need on the map. atom smash old clothes and unwanted items. try to limit the ...Atom smasher setup corridors and a few floodgate/lever choke points to separate the fortress into segments. Personally I feel that every fortress needs to be able to trade and have an inn. So i set the trade depot within an airlock like setup and the inn will have a floodgate airlock to supply booze. Managing clothing, and getting rid of worn out clothing, is quite stupid in Dwarf Fortress. It starts with having to keep producing enough fresh clothes for your dwarves to wear (which is a hilarious lot of work with 100+ dwarves plus children), and every bedroom should have a cabin to store old or double clothes.27 de jun. de 2023 ... Dwarven atom smasher ... Атомный дезинтегратор. Следите за тем, чтобы, когда вы опускаете мост, под ним не было дварфов. Дварфийский атомный ...Dec 30, 2022 · All Discussions Screenshots Artwork Broadcasts Videos Workshop News Guides Reviews. Dwarf Fortress > General Discussions > Topic Details. GankHammer Dec 30, 2022 @ 6:03pm. has Atom Smasher been nerfed? DF won't let me create a dump stock pile in the path of a bridge, and it won't let me make a bridge that overlaps with an existing trash zone. Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ...Fletch May 5 @ 12:06pm. See the wiki on Dwarven atom smasher: effect [dwarffortresswiki.org] Atom-smashing an item will delete it from the game entirely, though some "soft" references might remain (mainly for owned items and corpse pieces). Atom-smashing a unit, on the other hand, just kills it - the dead unit will remain forever in the list of ...Dec 14, 2022 · To save tallow for soap, you will need to go into the kitchen menu, 4th tab ("meat, fish & other", I think) find the line for tallow and turn off cooking. The annoying part of this is that the line only shows up while there is some tallow from that species in your fortress, and it is one line per species. The next fort you start in the same world will be a month or so after you abandoned your last fort- making it possible to start a fortress in the dead of winter if you abandoned the last in late fall. You can also "retire" a fortress now. This leaves the fortress and its inhabitants intact, treating it like an NPC dwarf-site until you reclaim it.An atom smasher. Take care so there are no dwarves underneath when you trigger the bridge. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. 3. Bodies of dwarfs, or parts thereof, will not normally be moved to a refuse stockpile, because the dwarfs do not normally consider their friends' dead bodies to be trash. Instead they will be put in a graveyard stockpile (if you've assigned one), or a coffin (if you've built one). If you really want to, you can edit the settings on your ...Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ...News: September 19, 2023: Dwarf Fortress 50.10 has been released. News: February 4, 2021: Dwarf Fortress Talk #28 has been posted. News: November 21, 2018: A new Threetoe story has been posted. Forum Guidelines16 de mar. de 2019 ... The entrance hall. The water on the hall kills more than that Ballista. Here we have the Barracks on the North, and an atom smasher on the south ...64bitrobot posted: Wait...how could a merchant be crushed by the drawbridge dwarven atom smasher? I could have sworn it ends up entirely on air when ...Atom smasher setup corridors and a few floodgate/lever choke points to separate the fortress into segments. Personally I feel that every fortress needs to be able to trade and have an inn. So i set the trade depot within an airlock like setup and the inn will have a floodgate airlock to supply booze. 11 de nov. de 2023 ... Do corpses disappear in Dwarf Fortress? Corpses/body parts do not ever disappear on their own. As above, magma or atom smasher. Corpses/body ...Dec 22, 2022 · Managing clothing, and getting rid of worn out clothing, is quite stupid in Dwarf Fortress. It starts with having to keep producing enough fresh clothes for your dwarves to wear (which is a hilarious lot of work with 100+ dwarves plus children), and every bedroom should have a cabin to store old or double clothes. The depths of Rimworld's mods actually allow you to make better dwarf fortress than dwarf fortress, with the only real issue being lack of z levels. Dwarf Fortress z levels cause such an enormous range of problems for the game that people actually try to find embark locations that allow minimal surface z-levels and minimal z-level using surface ... Jan 11, 2023 · bedroom need a bed. Dwarf will use cabinet (clothes) and coffer (junk) if you add some tomb need a burial of some sort barrack, pasture need nothing. Military are supposed to use armor and weapon stand but they don't dump need nothing but work with a hole. Bonus point if it leads to magma/atom smasher for junk destruction. A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. This is a masterfully-designed engraving of a Dwarf and a battle axe. Dwarves (singular, Dwarf) are "intelligent", alcohol - dependent, humanoid creatures that are the featured race of fortress mode, as well as being playable in adventurer mode. They are well known for their stout physique ...Jan 2, 2023 · RELATED: Dwarf Fortress: Best Mods. Atom smashers are a great way to free up space in your fortress, and designating a dumping zone under the bridge is an important part of the process. There are only a few large creatures that the atom smasher can’t handle, such as a bronze colossus or elephants. Dwarf fortress atom smasher

An atom smasher. Take care so there are no dwarves underneath when you trigger the bridge. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. . Dwarf fortress atom smasher

dwarf fortress atom smasher

Atom smasher setup corridors and a few floodgate/lever choke points to separate the fortress into segments. Personally I feel that every fortress needs to be able to trade and have an inn. So i set the trade depot within an airlock like setup and the inn will have a floodgate airlock to supply booze. 16 de mar. de 2019 ... The entrance hall. The water on the hall kills more than that Ballista. Here we have the Barracks on the North, and an atom smasher on the south ...In my experience, you need to remove or disable the current dump if you want it to be dumped elsewhere. This is only if you want to dump the body, say in lava or outside. Dwarfs haul to the nearest dump, and if it is marked for dumping he will just touch it and say its dumped. If you want it stored in a stockpile it needs to be reclaimed (d-b-c ...So, Urist Unibzulban, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf Fortress. But then you take my 75% chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 2/3...percent, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf ...The stockpile for these is "refuse". You may also need to unforbid the body (depending on your standing orders for what gets forbidden at time of death). There is also a standing order for "Dwarves ignore refuse outside", but if it is causing Miasma, it isn't outside, so that one shouldn't be the problem.22 de abr. de 2019 ... News: February 4, 2021: Dwarf Fortress Talk #28 has been posted. ... Raising the bridge will atom-smash the trash, limiting lag from worthless ...An atom smasher. Take care so there are no dwarves underneath when you trigger the bridge. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.Learn how to use bridges and atom smashers to create safe and convenient passages in Dwarf Fortress, a strategy game where you build and manage a dwarf village. This guide by Mechanixm explains the basics of building different types of bridges, such as retracting, raising, and spanning, and how to use atom smashers to dispose of enemies or items.The ones that don't dissolve, you can either cast them in obsidian (magma+water), or drop them into dwarven atom smasher. Big help in moving them to appropriate places fast is to make a dedicated stockpile with lots of wheelbarrows. If Urist is going to pick up "dump" item, he will just dwarf-handle it. In case of rocks, that slows him down a lot.Managing clothing, and getting rid of worn out clothing, is quite stupid in Dwarf Fortress. It starts with having to keep producing enough fresh clothes for your dwarves to wear (which is a hilarious lot of work with 100+ dwarves plus children), and every bedroom should have a cabin to store old or double clothes.The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.Here you designate a zone behind a door, connected to a pressure plate that causes the door to close and lock as the dwarf approaches, causing the dwarf to cancel the job and drop the garbage. You channel out the floor and cover with hatches, attached to another set of pressure plates. The channels lead to the smasher to destroy the stuff.Dwarf Fortress > General Discussions > Topic Details. harlequin_corps Dec 28, 2022 @ 11:29am. I can't dump, assistance/suggestions. So. I HAD an outdoor corpse/refuse stockpile. That worked, but I wanted it inside. Setup a second stockpile next to the butchers/fishery/tanners. That also worked. Now.. for whatever reason, I have several quantum ...Dec 8, 2022 · Light aquifers are easy to dig through since the excavated area fills with water very very slowly. Just dig a staircase through it and build walls around it to block the water. You'll probably finish the walls before you get even one layer of water. #1. A. H. Griesbach Dec 8, 2022 @ 4:25pm. Oct 12, 2023 · 1) Station the dwarves using the undesired weapons under an atom smasher 2) Remove the dwarf from the squad. He should then drop his gear on the floor. 3) When the dwarf left, pull the lever. I tried but only some would drop their stuff, while others would continue carrying them. A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. This is a masterfully-designed engraving of a Dwarf and a battle axe. Dwarves (singular, Dwarf) are "intelligent", alcohol - dependent, humanoid creatures that are the featured race of fortress mode, as well as being playable in adventurer mode. They are well known for their stout physique ...15 de ago. de 2014 ... Here's what happened when 15 random people took turns drawing and describing, starting with the prompt "A Dwarven Atom Smasher ... Dwarf Fortress!Use an dwarven atom smasher to smash the corpses/deteriorated clothes and any items that you want to dump to smash it to oblivion, trade all your excess items to the caravan. Use traffic designations for your dwarves. Seal off unused sections of your foretress to decrease pathfinding calculations. Turn off weather and choose a smaller embark point.So you want to make a finished goods stockpile that just takes clothing items of low quality (assuming you will want to keep the good stuff). Once your dwarves have gathered a stockpile-full, dump them all into your dwarven atom smasher and smash them. (It's probably best to retrieve the bins before smashing.) OFC you can always use an atom smasher as alternative, but you mentioned magma incinerator and we have one already. Last edited by Erei ; Dec 14, 2022 @ 12:06pm #1Jan 5, 2023 · FPS Death is one of the main fort killers, atom smashers help you fight back against FPS Death. Get rid of unwanted items with your brand new atom smasher. ... Dec 17, 2022 · Watch Live: http://www.twitch.tv/blindirlPodcast: https://www.halcyonfrequency.com/I have a http://www.Discord.gg/blind Like the videos and livestreams? http... Dec 17, 2022 · When the bridge comes down on an item it's permanently erased for good. Dump zones can hold an unlimited amount of objects so it's pretty easy to mass destroy. You can search Dwarven Atom Smasher for more info. You can also line entire corridors with bridges all linked to a single lever, making an instant disposal of entire sieges. From what I read once an atom smasher is less efficient at cleaning fps than a lava dump (I could be very wrong). Typically I prefer digging a 1 tile vertical shaft that extends down to the magma. Then you designate a garbage dump over the hole. The dwarves will toss the garbage down into the shaft where it is incinerated. No platinum is not a weapons grade metal. BUT it can be created by a fey mood dwarf if your lucky enough. Best War hammer weapons grade material is silver. But go ahead and make that atom smasher from Platinum bars! Isnt warhammer damage tied to weight, making lead the best hammer material? I dont think you can build lead weapons though.The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. Smashing Against The Floor In this design, a drawbridge is built to come down on at least one tile of solid floor.40d:Dwarven atom smasher. This article is about an older version of DF. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.White Dwarf · GW Zubehör · Weitere GW Systeme · Adeptus Titanicus · Aeronautica Imperialis · Blackstone Fortress · Blood Bowl · Kill Team · Middle Earth ...Dec 8, 2022 · Light aquifers are easy to dig through since the excavated area fills with water very very slowly. Just dig a staircase through it and build walls around it to block the water. You'll probably finish the walls before you get even one layer of water. #1. A. H. Griesbach Dec 8, 2022 @ 4:25pm. The affectionately named "Dwarven Atom Smasher" exploit. It causes anything to disappear without a trace if it's smashed by a drawbridge when it goes down ...v0.34:Exploit. This article is about an older version of DF. An exploit is a quirk of a game that allows players to gain what other players may consider an unfair advantage, usually by making use of a feature that is not working properly or which defies logic. 'Exploiting the game' is distinct from ' cheating ' because exploits occur within the ... The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. Smashing Against The Floor In this design, a drawbridge is built to come down on at least one tile of solid floor.Magma or atom smasher. no magma on my map I'm not sure atom smasher works? I can't make a stockpile under a raised bridge. Unless you've turned off the magma sea in world creation there's always magma somewhere. And as Trashman said, make it a dump zone, not a stockpile. You want that anyway so they stack things on one spot.So, Urist Unibzulban, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf Fortress. But then you take my 75% chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 2/3...percent, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf ... 18 de out. de 2019 ... tutorial-dwarf-fortress-yellow-X-is-normal-garbage-. The yellow X is my normal garbage dump (an atom smasher). I turn off it's active status ...DF2014:Silk farming. This article is about an older version of DF. Silk farming is the process of harvesting large quantities of silk from webslinging creatures like giant cave spiders. Several setups have been devised to farm silk quickly and safely, but successful silk farms have a few traits in common: The webslinging creature must be ...I build walls round three sides of my atom smasher, to stop dwarves from taking untimely short cuts under the bridge. If you want stuff to go to other dump zones too, use [i][a] on each of them to choose which zone stuff will be dumped in.News: September 19, 2023: Dwarf Fortress 50.10 has been released. News: February 4, 2021: Dwarf Fortress Talk #28 has been posted. News: November 21, 2018: A new Threetoe story has been posted. Forum GuidelinesA dwarven atom smasher can pulverize any amount of trash instantly. Initial designs are often manual (using a garbage dump zone and the dump command), however when combined with a quantum stockpile, your dwarves will automatically dump their garbage into a pit for easy disposal.11 de nov. de 2023 ... Do corpses disappear in Dwarf Fortress? Corpses/body parts do not ever disappear on their own. As above, magma or atom smasher. Corpses/body ...So, Urist Unibzulban, you take your 33 1/3 chance minus my 25% chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf Fortress. But then you take my 75% chance of winnin' (if we was to go one on one), and then add 66 2/3...percent, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winning at Slaves to Armok: God of Blood II: Dwarf ...The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. Smashing Against The Floor In this design, a drawbridge is built to come down on at least one tile of solid floor.I didn't like how messy my fort was, so I built a bridge and got over it!🍉 Click For More Info 👇👇👇👇Want to catch me live? Follow me on twitch where I wi...More Info · V. Zones are areas where your citizens will work, socialize, rest, or perform specific duties, such as fishing, dumping objects, or collecting water . Zones are optional for the performance of certain tasks (fishing, collecting water) but obligatory for others (dumping), and are used primarily to keep dwarves out of danger . Advantages of using an Atom Smasher (rather than the magma sea) to get rid of trash: 1) Avoid the 'fun' of creatures that live in the magma sea entering your fortress. 2) No need to create a chute or other way to get refuse down multiple Z levels to the magma sea. 3) Artifact items may not be destroyed in the magma sea; these undestroyed items ...The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a nickname for a drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area.Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ...Have you heard of the Dwarven Atom Smasher? It may come in handy in this scenario. Newf April 13, 2014, 12:20pm 234. You intrigue me, What is this atom ...Dec 7, 2022 · Easy for disposing of annoying items. Like Foreign corpses, bones, hair, tendon or rotted meat. Also a cool torture area for any living humanoid thrown into it. You can also fill the bottom with magma, or connect it with a running river to get rid of a lot of items. #10. vakapad777 Dec 9, 2022 @ 5:11pm. Originally posted by Targetdrone: soo ... Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ... this is an old known bug - but your own dwarves should have some historical significance when they move in - so almost every time he would show up on the list of engraveables (though toady did something with history a in 34 that's odd for the purpose of vampires and hidden identities - the data seems to be stored in multiple locations, causing rather a lot of havoc for modders digging into the ... Have you tried the dwarven atom smasher? Build a bridge on some land (no hole). Raise it vertically. Designate a dumping ground for corpse parts on that ground. When you have a pile of body parts, lower the bridge. It slams down on the body parts and annihilates them into nothingness.I build walls round three sides of my atom smasher, to stop dwarves from taking untimely short cuts under the bridge. If you want stuff to go to other dump zones too, use [i][a] on each of them to choose which zone stuff will be dumped in.A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry. This is a masterfully-designed engraving of a Dwarf and a battle axe. Dwarves (singular, Dwarf) are "intelligent", alcohol - dependent, humanoid creatures that are the featured race of fortress mode, as well as being playable in adventurer mode. They are well known for their stout physique ...24 de jan. de 2011 ... The heroic Blendo Games (Gravity Bone, Flotilla) have released Atom Zombie Smasher, which is a game about killing zombi…Mar 28, 2012 · Advantages of using an Atom Smasher (rather than the magma sea) to get rid of trash: 1) Avoid the 'fun' of creatures that live in the magma sea entering your fortress. 2) No need to create a chute or other way to get refuse down multiple Z levels to the magma sea. 3) Artifact items may not be destroyed in the magma sea; these undestroyed items ... Dec 28, 2022 · Dwarf Fortress > General Discussions > Topic Details. harlequin_corps Dec 28, 2022 @ 11:29am. I can't dump, assistance/suggestions. So. I HAD an outdoor corpse/refuse stockpile. That worked, but I wanted it inside. Setup a second stockpile next to the butchers/fishery/tanners. That also worked. Now.. for whatever reason, I have several quantum ... Make a Crafts station or two and dedicate a couple Dwarves to them making Shell jewelry and armor work orders. #2. Theneoseraphim Dec 7, 2022 @ 6:59pm. Place them under a drawbridge, then pull the lever. Dwarven atom smasher. #3. MOK Dec 7, 2022 @ 7:05pm. You can also use the craft bench to craft totems to get rid of skulls.Jan 2, 2023 · Darzan Jan 3 @ 1:00am. You better create atom smasher inside a cave in closed room or you might see your dwarves and animals disappear without trace. It does not need to be big, 1x2 room is more then enough. You can also have dwarves drop stuff down from level above. In Dwarf Fortress, patience and perseverance are part of the key to success. ... There are only a few large creatures that the atom smasher can’t handle, such as a bronze colossus or elephants ...When the bridge comes down on an item it's permanently erased for good. Dump zones can hold an unlimited amount of objects so it's pretty easy to mass destroy. You can search Dwarven Atom Smasher for more info. You can also line entire corridors with bridges all linked to a single lever, making an instant disposal of entire sieges.Enter atom-smashing, the solution to all your problems. First, set up the chamber somewhere remote, where no dwarf other than the one being smashed can see them. The lever should be far away from the atom-smash site. Once a dwarf has been smashed, just wait a week.Originally posted by Teemo: Children that play under an atom smasher aren't worth raising to adulthood anyways. Consider it proper Dwarfy culling of the weak. These little bastards sometimes have toy artifacts, and when they collapse, everyone is sad. #4. NimrodX Jan 5 @ 9:45pm. Yea if theres a minecart dumping into the pit, I think I would try ... Set the pressure plate to not trigger on dwarves. Then instead of wall traps use bridges as atom smashers in a corridor leading to and away from the trigger. The invader should have cleared the trigger by the time the bridge comes down and crushes him. Raising "drawbridges" can be used to block fortress entrances and corridors. When lowered, bridges will destroy anything on the underlying tiles. By destroying we mean dwarves, foes, and items will entirely disappear from the game, a rare event which led to the creation of the term dwarven atom smasher. Consider keeping your caged spiders in the same room. Surgically remove his head. Although this seems unlikely to you and I, removing a dwarf's head impares his ability to consume beer. This may also help fix the industriousness problem in the fortresses as you will now be able to export your recently made amulets.DF2014:Silk farming. This article is about an older version of DF. Silk farming is the process of harvesting large quantities of silk from webslinging creatures like giant cave spiders. Several setups have been devised to farm silk quickly and safely, but successful silk farms have a few traits in common: The webslinging creature must be ...31 de out. de 2021 ... Typically I turn the excess food into prepared meals and sell them for a handy profit. Other than that…. dwarven atom smasher? Turn off hunting, ...40d:Dwarven atom smasher. This article is about an older version of DF. The Dwarven Atom Smasher is a euphemism for a Drawbridge in waste disposal or militarily-significant applications. It exploits the implementation of drawbridges to utterly destroy any objects and most creatures in its target area. Watch Live: http://www.twitch.tv/blindirlPodcast: https://www.halcyonfrequency.com/I have a http://www.Discord.gg/blind Like the videos and livestreams? http...Built a atom smasher to dispose of the leftovers from goblin sieges. Loaded the bodies and equipment of around 200 dead invaders in there after my stockpiles were filled ( thousands of items in there). Loaded it wrong, so instead of it all getting smashed, everything was flung into the air, killing 2 and injuring 6. Jan 12, 2023 · Related: Dwarf Fortress is richly rewarding, if you can get over a mountainous learning curve – Review Trash compactor. Building a trash compactor (sometimes called an atom smasher) is a common ... Jan 2, 2023 · RELATED: Dwarf Fortress: Best Mods. Atom smashers are a great way to free up space in your fortress, and designating a dumping zone under the bridge is an important part of the process. There are only a few large creatures that the atom smasher can’t handle, such as a bronze colossus or elephants. . Drawsputin